Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Learning Freedom


Most of what I teach are things we used to know how to do; to learn with abandon as we teach ourselves how to roll over, crawl, sit up, stand...etc., to be free in our movements and thoughts, not afraid to make mistakes (because in the feldenkrais method there are no mistakes, just different ways of doing things).
.
As we grow out of our infantness and move toward adulthood many of our actions become habitual, acting more out of compulsiveness rather than spontaneity.
.
The fun thing about the feldenkrais method is that we're given permission to go back to the organic learning style we naturally were born into. Not having to follow a correct script about how things should be done but rather letting us explore what works for each of us as individuals.
.
Free to be ourselves.
.
We can only be the best expression of ourselves when following our own bliss, when honoring how we best do something, and not how others do it.
.
I fall into the trap of trying to run a business the same way other teachers run theirs, with the thought that it should be done how others do it. I always find I get unstuck when I make the decision to follow my own heart about how to proceed, to get out of my own compulsive nature and move in an uncharted spontaneous direction for myself.
.
Helping others to find more efficient ways to be and move in the world, to help them find their own freedom...this always pushes me to further push for my own freedom....which further helps me help others find a greater degree of freedom in their lives. When someone can learn an easier way to do anything it does open up their experience of life a little more.
.
Come learn how you can experience a little bit more freedom in your life with the feldenkrais method.
.
.
..
...
.
Erik LaSeur
Guild Certified Feldenkrais Teacher®
http://www.alkimoves.com/
.
.
Awareness Through Movement® lessons (group) at:
West Seattle Wellness in the Alaska junction.
Every Tuesday:
7:00pm
.
.

No comments: