Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Birthday...to me!



Today I turn 48, I don't look a day over 30-something...heh.

It's also my dog Larry's birthday within a few days, so I thought I'd post a pic I took earlier this summer when it was uber-hot.

He's laying in front of the fan trying to cool off.

Every year I get older and yet my functioning gets easier, this shows me more and more about the effectiveness of the Feldenkrais Method.

So many people my age complain about the things they can't do anymore, and they blame age...to which I call bullshit on.

Recent studies in Neuroplasticity are now proving what Moshé Feldenkrais postulated over 50 years ago:

Our ability to learn is ever present, even in our most advanced years.

So, no matter what age you've reached, you always have the opportunity to re-live your youth. The simple lessons that the Feldenkrais Method offers, gives any of us a chance to move once again as we did when we were younger.

Stay tuned for details soon on the opening of Alki Moves movement learning center on Alki.

Erik LaSeur GCFT

http://www.alkimoves.com/

No comments: