Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Beautifully Different

This is day 8 of the #reverb10 reflect and manifest writing project.
Each day in December we have a different prompt to write about from http://www.reverb10.com/the-prompts/

Today's prompt:

December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)


I still think back to junior high school in the 70's. We had a school paper that came out every month. They reported on the sports teams, activities, clubs, and also would have lists.

Once they had an alphaebaetic listing...

A - Athletic ....bobby jones
B - Beautiful....christy brinkley
.
.
.
U - Unique...erik ....hey wait a minute!

I tried hard to disown the moniker, for to be different in junior high was almost suicide.

But it's hard to not be me.

It's the embracing of our own inner beauty that sets us free.

I'm unique, we're all unique.
 
I guess in junior high I wasn't as afraid to show myself to the world.
 
Erik
 
http://www.alkimoves.com/

No comments: