Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Community

This is day 7 of the #reverb10 writing challenge.

December 7 – Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?

This past year I've been discovering the wellness community of West Seattle and environs. As I've been actively marketing myself and my services this past year with weekly BNI meetings, chamber of commerce gatherings, health and street fairs, etc. I've been meeting many allied health/wellness practitioners in the Seattle area.


This past year I also took on a position of leadership within my professional organization, the Feldenkrais Guild of North America, as the Treasurer of the Northwest Region. This has put me more in a more visible position not only among my colleauges but also the public.

As for future communities to become involved with?
I'd like to continue reaching out to the wellness professionals in the Seattle area, and see how we can collaborate on any projects.

Erik

http://www.alkimoves.com/



No comments: