Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Defining Moment

This is Day 29 of the #reverb10 writing project:
http://www.reverb10.com/the-prompts/


December 29 – Defining Moment
Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year.
Author: Kathryn Fitzmaurice

This past spring/summer I started doing street fairs as a way of marketing my Feldenkrais business.
In all I participated in 5 different fairs from May through August.
The last one I worked at, the 2010 Peace Concert at Gas Works Park was by far the busiest.
We were popular during the whole day.
People weren't quite sure what it was we were doing, but they wanted it.

These moments of working out in the street with the public, educating them on what we had to offer, really sped up the process for me.
The process of stepping out and taking risks.

One street fair at a time.

Now I'm approaching new projects with much more confidence and planning expertise, having gone down the road a few times.

I'm looking forward to many more defining moments in 2011 and beyond.

What support do you need to step out?

Erik

http://www.alkimoves.com/

No comments: