Monday, December 20, 2010

Beyond Avoidance

Today is day 20 of the #reverb10 writing project:
http://www.reverb10.com/the-prompts/

December 20 – Beyond Avoidance.

What should you have done this year but didn’t because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?) (Author: Jake Nickell)



Probably the biggest thing I've come up against in running my own show are my own life-long issues of acceptance, feeling that I do good work, that I have something to offer the world around me.
Because these feelings present themselves I often find myself not asking for business.
I'm getting good at presenting demos, talks, etc...
and this is helping me get better at asking for work.

And the bonus is that I am doing it more often than earlier this year.
And 2011 looks like an even better opportunity to practice this.

I'm just simply amazed that I've written 20 of these posts in a row...that is transcending avoidance!

Erik

http://www.alkimoves.com/

No comments: