Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Future Self

Day 21 of the #reverb10 writing project:
http://www.reverb10.com/the-prompts/

December 21 – Future Self.

Imagine yourself five years from now.
What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead?
Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?
Author: Jenny Blake



Take chances.
Be bold.

These were the first things that came to mind for what my future self could tell me now.

I'm learning that a presence must be cultivated in order for good work to be spread.
Good work alone doesn't promise financial success.

I've spent this past year learning how to be visible, reaching out to the business community, and letting them know I'm open for business.

As I become more comfortable in the spotlight I'm learning more effective means of getting my message across.
A message that most people have never heard of.

As I turn 50 in the next year I see it's time to go much larger and take much larger risks.
Risks of being open to a larger audience, putting myself out as an expert.

As they say, "they can't eat you".

Going back 10 years to 2000....wow.

The advice would be to stay in my beliefs, enjoy Yvonne while I can for the next 4 years until she loses her battle, and embrace that weird new thing called Feldenkrais.

Erik

http://www.alkimoves.com/

No comments: