Sunday, December 19, 2010

Try

This is day 18 of the #reverb10 writing project.

December 18 – Try.
What do you want to try next year?
Is there something you wanted to try in 2010?
What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)

It's been about 30 years since I ran in any type of running race. I used to regulary run in 5k's, 10k's, and other assorted distances.
Then I discovered the bicycle and stopped running.
In the past year I've been easing my way back into running...during walks....jogging....sprinting....walking....repeat.

My goal this coming year is to participate in a sanctioned race to see how I do.
It could be a 5k all the way up to a half marathon.

In the past my goal was always to see how fast I could run.
Now, the goals are more for quality, speed not too important,
How do I feel when I'm running?
Can I find joy in the midst of competition?

I'd still like to get some new skis and move into the new era of fat skis....I still have a week or so till this year is gone!

Erik

http://www.alkimoves.com/

No comments: