Thursday, December 16, 2010

Friendship

This is day 16 of the #reverb10 writing project:
http://www.reverb10.com/the-prompts/

Today's word is friendship

December 16 – Friendship
How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst? (Author: Martha Mihalick)

I'm having a tough time coming up with one friend as I think it was a whole group of friends that seemed to help me shift focus the past year.

I'm thinking of my BNI family, the group of business owners that I meet with every thursday morning for breakfast and a fun hour and a half of on-purpose networking.

There is a saying about entrepreneurs, they're usually the most positive people you'll find...perhaps out of misguided hope, or maybe just the thrill of running our own show.

Being around this group has really helped me change from an employee to an entrepreneural mindset.
The rules of engagement are different.

Who better to learn from than those who are already the leaders in their own industries.

One of the cool things about BNI is that each chapter can only have 1 person from a given profession...eg: 1 auto mechanic, 1 plumber, 1 massage therapist, etc.
This lessens the chance of head-to-head competition amongst the members of the support group.
Increases the chances of having my play, more fun within the group.

So I salute and thank the (at present) 38 members of the West Seattle Champions for all they do to help me be a better entrepreneur.

Erik

http://www.alkimoves.com/

No comments: