Monday, December 6, 2010

My own stairmaster - what did you make?

December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)





I've always had a passion for getting my hands dirty, digging holes, playing with rocks, scratching through sand.
And for climbing stairs.
 
In this case I had to build the stairs so I could climb them.
Clearing off a hillside of blackberries.
Digging steps into the hillside.
Pouring gravel.
Hauling 60 pound cement steps into place.
So far there are 35 blocks doing duty as a staircase from the alley.
 
Who needs a gym?
 
Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?
 
A rock garden at the Alki Feldenkrais studio.
 
In my work I see many people with balance issues.
My nervous system reacts favorably whenever I stand or walk on rocks of various shapes and sizes, in the sand, or any other uneven surface.
 
It would be a nice sanctuary with a bench, the existing bamboo wall, and other added foliage.
 
Erik
 
http://www.alkimoves.com/
 
improve your movement
improve your life

No comments: