Thursday, December 2, 2010

Writing - day two of #reverb10

This is the second prompt of the Reverb10 reflection on and manifesting the new exercise. I've decided to participate as a way to spur my own writing.
Interestingly, today's word is 'writing'.

December 2 Writing.


What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?


I do many things each day that get in the way of writing....take your pick.
Probably the biggest obstacle is that of my own perfectionism.
The chance that anyone could actually read what I write, putting it out into the public space known as the interwebs.

In this blog I often talk about my own feldenkrais practice and what I've learned.
Sometimes it gets personal.
And times it can be technical.

...then there are the times when we go back and edit...lol...

...while listening to the banjo in the background...




How do I eliminate this non-writing phobia?

I guess the same way I've been eliminating my public speaking phobia.

Just do it!

or as the chinese proverb goes:
"fall down seven times, get up eight"
 
Erik
 
http://www.alkimoves.com/
 
improve your movement
improve your life

No comments: