Friday, December 17, 2010

Lesson Learned

This is day 17 of the #reverb10 writing project:
http://www.reverb10.com/the-prompts/

Today's prompt is:

December 17 – Lesson Learned
What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year?
And how will you apply that lesson going forward?
(Author: Tara Weaver)


This past year, at the age of 48, I became a dad (step) for the first time, to 4 kids of my wife's.
It's been a couple years of transition from my single life to a busy family life.

Lots of room for learning.

By trial and success I'm fumbling my way through this parenting thing.
Learning to be humble...
and noticing that some of the things that come in valuable as a parent also pertain to running a business:

Perseverance
Tenacity
Humor
Planning
Flexibility
Patience
Love

Learning how, and teaching others to be kindler and gentler to themselves as they persue greater efficiency.
It's the application of my feldenkrais teachings into parenting.

It's more than just about movement.

or as Moshé put it:
"What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains. What I'm after is to restore each person to their human dignity".

As for going forward and applying this learning?
The capacity for the human brain to learn is phenomenal.
Keeping open to the possibilities of learning more,
and teaching more.
Erik

http://www.alkimoves.com/

improve your movement
improve your life

No comments: